SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Let's talk shoes


Do you love shoes as much as I do? Then, let’s talk about it. I wanted to share my favorite shoes I have collected throughout the years, as well as mention what I personally believe are my worst buys, what brands to splurge on and when to find the look for less. For a person scared of heights, I tend to wear pretty tall heels, so my first honorable mention go to my holy grail shoes, the Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Sandals. I have them in various colors, heel heights, and textures. 


These beauties never disappoint or fail me, if my feet had soulmates these would definitely be it. If I could be the spokesperson for these shoes, I would do it for free. These are completely worth the splurge and a great investment to any shoe collection. Often times, you can find many of them on the resale market (I prefer The Real Real) for half the price. Even though, it may seem like I am being completely bias and opinionated on these shoes, I do have two disclaimers. I have found and so have many owners that the heel on the different textures vary in sturdiness. For example, my suede camo pair are super sturdy and I am 100% sure I can run a marathon in those, as compared to my patent leather navy pair. In that pair the heel feels loose and wobbly like it is going to break off, but, once tied tighter the problem is fixed. Another opinion is based on the wedged version of the shoes, although just as beautiful, they are extremely heavy and the sole is very flat and hard. None the less, if I could be a shoe it would hands down be these. 

My next opinion might be a controversial one but someone has to address the elephant in the shoe luxury world. Christian Louboutin are the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever bought, owned, and worn! I repeat, Christian Louboutin are the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever bought, owned, and worn! Has it stopped me from buying more pairs? No, but I have also begun to understand which styles are more comfortable and bearable. So I am going to share which I think are worth the buy and which to run from.

NOs!

New Very Prive


So Kate

Jonatina

All the shoes mentioned above for my foot, are too tight on the toes, too flat and just plain hurt like what I assume child labor feels like. The soles are also extremely slippery making the shoes even harder to walk in. In my personal opinion, the Jonatina are my biggest disappointment, even though my close friend swears by them. I find that the heel gets stuck and ruined very fast, the closure is a pain to close and the clear material has burned the side of my foot. 

*Now, I want to share one buying tip that I have learned to use and I want to share. When buying expensive shoes, yes try them on of course walk around, call your mom, and twirl all you want but most or even all shoe departments stores have carpet. When you try them on and walk on carpet, yes of course the shoes feel amazing but let's be real, we do not walk on red carpets for a living, therefore, the next time you are trying on shoes and you are about to buy them, try to find some bare floor. You'll thank me later. 

YES! YES! YES!

Highness

Loubi Queen

So Kate Booties

When it comes to these three, I believe not only are they classic and beautiful shoes but you get the best for what you spend. The highness may seem scary and though they do not make them anymore, the added height from the platform makes them painless. On the downside but the added height calls for a skilled walker. 

Next up is my favorite flats and sandals worth the splurge. Both the Gucci slides and the Chanel espadrilles are my go to when it comes to running errands. The Gucci slides are lightweight and feel like a dream, whether at the beach or going shopping, but when I want to look more put together, the Chanel espadrilles are a classic statement piece and worth every penny. 



So, when should you splurge or shop the look for less? Now I am no one to separate love at first shoe, but, when it comes to a fast fashion trends, shopping the look for less is your best bet. Most of my big splurges have either been classic statement pieces, things I have always dreamed of owning or things I have bought to celebrate milestones in my life. Fast fashion trends are things that are HOT HOT HOT but come and go faster than you can spell cold. For those instances places like ZARA and Lulus are your best bet for getting quality items for less that have the same aesthetic. I hope my opinions either help you or at least make you laugh. 

XO Mimosas and Pumps 

Post a Comment